Vegetarian Thai Food
Looking for vegetarian Thai food in Thailand? You’ve come to the right place. We took on the challenge of eating vegetarian Thai food (in Bangkok) for the entire month of July 2011, and here’s what we ate and where. Here…
Looking for vegetarian Thai food in Thailand?
You’ve come to the right place.
We took on the challenge of eating vegetarian Thai food (in Bangkok) for the entire month of July 2011, and here’s what we ate and where.
Here are the useful vegetarian resources we’ve put together to help you eat delicious vegetarian Thai food in Thailand.
The Vegetarian Thai Food Guide is now available!
The official Vegetarian Thai Food Guide is out and now available!
It’s a giant 80-page guide showing you exactly what and how to eat the most delicious vegetarian and vegan dishes that Thailand has to offer!
Here’s a sneak of what it includes…
- Important Vegetarian Phrases
- How to Order Vegetarian Thai Food
- Best Vegetarian Dishes
- Thai Dining Etiquette
- Best Vegetarian Restaurants in Bangkok
- Vegetarian Desserts Guide
- Thai Fruit Guide
Vegetarian Thai Restaurants (Bangkok)
- Arawy Thai Vegetarian Restaurant – Good selection of Thai Chinese vegetarian food
- Soi Convent Vegetarian Restaurant – Tai Sin Restaurant
- Baan Suan Pi Vegetarian Food Court – One of the best vegetarian food court’s in Bangkok
- Chamlong’s Asoke Vegetarian Food – My second favorite vegetarian food court in Bangkok, near Chatuchak weekend market
- Deep Fried Vegetarian Snacks on Wheels – An awesome little vegetarian Thai take-away snack restaurant on Sukhumvit Soi 101/1. They serve delicious things like taro rolls and glass noodle rolls!
- Khun Churn Buffet – An awesome all vegetarian buffet located near The Mall Ngamwongwan
- Lan Bay Boon – Local vegetarian restaurant located on Charoen Krung
- Suki Jeh Ruyi – A great restaurant serving Thai Chinese veggie dishes – located near Hua Lamphong MRT station
- Sutunthip – Healthy and tasty vegetarian food at a nice sit down restaurant
- Loving Hut – Fusion Thai vegetarian and vegan food in a trendy restaurant
Bangkok International Vegetarian Restaurants
- Cafe Tartine on Soi Ruam Rudee
- Peperoni Silom at Narai Hotel
- Ethos International Vegetarian and Vegan Food – Specializing in pastas, Middle Eastern dishes and Thai food
- Tikki South Indian Restaurant – Great southern Indian food located in Bangrak
- Panta Video Store – Vegetarian Nepalese and Burmese food
Organic and Vegetarian Stores
Month of July 2011 – Vegetarian in Bangkok
After eating vegetarian Thai food for an entire month in Bangkok, here’s what we ate broken down into everyday meals. Hope this gives you some great tips about what to order and how to enjoy Thai food to the max – even as a vegetarian!
- Day 1: Fruit, Halloumi, Mixed Vegetables
- Day 2: Oatmeal, Veggie Noodles, Sticky Rice Durian, Mung Bean Noodle Salad
- Day 3: Oatmeal, Arawy Restaurant, Mangosteen
- Day 4: Durian, Stir Fried Noodles, Thai Fruit Buffet
- Day 5: Mushrooms with Basil, Suki, Morning Glory
- Day 6: Jay Food, Tempeh Burger, Hummus
- Day 7: Mixed Tofu, Nam Prik, Bamboo Shoot Stew
- Day 8: Grilled Bananas, Heart Shaped Durian, Water Mimosa
- Day 9: Chamlong’s Asoke, Jambada, Sutunthip Restaurant
- Day 10: South Indian Vegetarian Food and Thai Street Food
- Day 11: Mixed Tofu, Mixed Vegetarian Tom Yum
- Day 12: Dragonfruit, Santol, Thai Yellow Vegetable Curry
- Day 13: Papaya Salad with Noodles, Gaeng Aom
- Day 14: Mixed Mushrooms, Fresh Noodle Spring Rolls
- Day 15: Passion Juice, Wide Rice Noodles, Straw Mushrooms
- Day 16: Tropical Fruit, Jay Jay Thai Food
- Day 17: Vietnamese Noodles, MBK Vegetarian Food
- Day 18: Suki Haeng, Broccoli and Cauliflower
- Day 19: Papaya, Green Mango Salad, Sweet and Sour Vegetables
- Day 20: Sweet Ginger Soup, Tofu Water, Water Mimosa
- Day 21: Corn, Sweet Potatoes, Burmese Pickled Tea Salad, Kui Chai
- Day 22: Thai Green Curry, Noodle Soup, Herbal Vegetable Stew
- Day 23: Raw Food Ice Cream, Mushroom Salad, Eggplant Salad
- Day 24: MK Veggie Plate, Pumpkin with Egg, Nam Prik Noom
- Day 25: Coffee, Vegetarian Fried Rice, Eggplant Chili Sauce
- Day 26: Watermelon, Spicy Noodle Soup, Curry Katsu
- Day 27: Red Curry Vegetables, Snakefruit, Bamboo Shoots
- Day 28: Spicy Tofu, Durian Smoothie, Sesame Dumplings
- Day 29: Tofu Larb, Stir Fried Ivy Gourd Leaves
- Day 30: Bangkok’s Vegetarian Buffet
- Day 31: Ending with Grilled Mushrooms
Videos / Misc
- Vegetarian Thai Food Discussion: Is it Hard to be a Vegetarian in Thailand? (Video)
- Interview: Vegetarian in Bangkok and Food Justice Discussion with Pooja Kishnani
- Simple Recipe for Ordained Banana Dessert by She Simmers
- Raw Vegan Food Interview with Amber from EpicSelf.com
Enjoy Vegetarian Thai Food!
I wish you the best Thai food dining experience while you are in Thailand!
Again, if you are interested in learning a lot more about Thai vegetarian food and getting lots of useful tips on how to order your food exactly the way you want it, I’d encourage you to check out the Vegetarian Thai Food Guide.
You’ll get all this information and more in an easy to follow guide.
We put a lot of hard work and many hours into it!
Thanks for following along,
– Mark Wiens